Join us on 28 April 2022 as we announce the finalists of the 2022 Commonwealth Education Awards.
The virtual ceremony will be held during the 21st Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers (21CCEM), scheduled to take place from 27 – 28 April 2022 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Organised by the Commonwealth Secretariat, the awards recognise and celebrate promising and innovative programmes, projects, and people that have made a positive impact on the education sector – on students, their teachers, or the education system – across the Commonwealth.
This year, there were 2,462 entries from across the Commonwealth, of which 640 from 32 countries met the submission criteria – the highest number of entries ever received. On 28 April 2022, six finalists will be awarded for their efforts in improving education systems in the following categories:
- Rethinking Education for Innovation
- Rethinking Education for Work
- Rethinking Education for Sustainability
- Education as Pathways to Peace
- Education for Inclusion
- Commonwealth Outstanding Teacher or School Leader
Further information about the awards ceremony will be made available in due course.
- Angela Kolongo Communications Officer, Communications Division, Commonwealth Secretariat
- E-mail | +44 7587 881503